Tamsin ; aka Pretzel
16 ; Sophomore
Sing ; Dance ; Watching the Moon ; Pretzels ; Soccer ; Hottub ; Bambi ; Potterhead ; princess ; confused :/
Don’t ever try to play that “I have it worse than you do” game with people. Don’t ever try to minimize someone else’s problems or invalidate their feelings just because you or someone else may have it worse. To imply that their problems “aren’t that bad” or their feelings are “irrational” is very insulting and unnecessarily rude. That’s an insensitive, inconsiderate and horrible thing to do to someone. Don’t be that jackass.
Six simple rituals:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, think of at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?”(via yumegrrrrrl)